A healthy aquatic ecosystem supporting (and supported by) the people of Nepahwin Lake Watershed.
1. Monitor reported water quality indicators such as phosphorus, dissolved oxygen, chloride and Secchi depth (water clarity).
2. Educate watershed community and corporate residents of current water quality and target objectives.
3. Collaborate with stakeholders to promote protective land use, bylaws and regulation adherence to maintain the lake within national and provincial water quality objectives.
4. Advocate at appropriate government levels where water quality trends are deteriorating or objectives not being met.
5. Contribute to ‘science-informed and community-participatory’ projects (e.g. Eurasian water-milfoil control)
We believe in:
- Science-informed data and interventions
- Cross-sectoral collaboration
- Stakeholder equity
- Ecosystem accountability